This is by far my favorite diy to date. I am a huge fan of Burberry but was not about to pay the price tag that came along with these shoes. Approximately $475.00 for a flat version and $795.00 for a wedge. For this DIY head to Amazon you will need 100 wooden beads, string, sandals, paint, gloss, Q-tips and Styrofoam. Cost for this diy was around $20.00 this included the sandals.
1. First you will want to decide on your paint colors. Separate your beads. For this I painted 28 black, 32 green and 40 blue.
2. Start poking your beads with Q-tips. This will give it a stable base once you paint them. I painted each one by hand. You may need 1 to 2 coats of paint depending on how much coverage you want or depending on how thin your paint is. Stick the end of the Q-tip in the Styrofoam and allow to dry completely.
3. Once the paint is completely dry, grab some gloss in a spray can and spray those suckers down.
4. After your thick coat of gloss has dried begin removing the beads from the Q-tips. Make sure and get all the cotton out of the hole.
5. Start stringing your beads. For one sandal you will want a string of 14 black, 16 green and 20 blue. Tie all of your strings together. Allow a little leeway with the tightness as you don't want it to be too stiff on your footsies. The sandals I purchased had little loops that allowed me to tie on my beads easily. I quadruple knotted and added a dab of glue.
6. Slide those babies on you are done !
Mine are slightly different than the Burberry's that are pictured. There are actually two versions of the shoe online, the flat and also the wedge. The wedge featured a looser/ longer bead string. Frankly I wanted the comfort and the style so I mashed those two together to get these. Enjoy sooo worth the time.
Before I go! Have you been trying to achieve financial independence?
Check out these 18 Purse Essentials for Everyday Needs. Make your life easier!
My Go-To Resources
Trim – Bill Negotiator Will negotiate bills with credit card companies and potentially get them lowered. Trim will also ensure that your subscriptions are cancelled across all your accounts. This is a full money-saving system for free. Tryout the Trim Bill Negotiator today and see how much you could be saving! 8 Million dollars was saved for users last year alone.
Rakuten Coupons deals and cash back. When you’re shopping online if you aren’t stacking your savings, you’re losing serious money. Get rebates from 1%-20%+ on thousands of stores and get $10.00 for signing up.
Ibotta! I save on all my staples from eggs, to paper towels, to coffee and even uber rides! With Ibotta you just snap a picture of your shopping receipt and match it with current deals lavailable online. Get $10 just for signing up.
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing If you want to make money by promoting an affiliate, you need Michelle’s course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.The money didn’t actually start coming in till I took this course. Save yourself from frustration, Michelle has it figured out for us!